8-Hour Site Worker Refresher-Heat Stress/Technology
TARGET POPULATION Individuals who are or will be employed at hazardous waste site and have already received the 4O-hour introductory training. OVERALL LEARNING OBJECTIVES Review basic skills and knowledge about hazardous waste site work. Reinforce the significance of a site-specific safety and health plan in controlling hazards. Provide an opportunity to engage in learning and […]
Individuals who are or will be employed at hazardous waste site and have already received the 4O-hour introductory training.
OVERALL LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- Review basic skills and knowledge about hazardous waste site work.
- Reinforce the significance of a site-specific safety and health plan in controlling hazards.
- Provide an opportunity to engage in learning and problem-solving activities which will help to improve safety and health conditions on a site.
- Meet training requirments stated in Section (e) (8) of the Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Standard, 29 CFR 1910.120.
- Reinforce safe work practices.
- Reinforce the role of personal protective equipment on a site.
CHAPTER 1: HAZARD ANALYSIS-MAJOR CONTENTS
- Process Hazard Analysis
- Accident Investigation
- Job Procedures and Job Hazard Analysis
- Case Studies Exercise
CHAPTER 2: PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT-IVIAJOR CONTENTS
- Personal Protective Equipment Program
- Inspection, Maintenance, and Storage of CPC
- Respiratory Protection
- PPE Worksheet
- Respirator Fit
CHAPTER 3: NEW TECHNOLOGIES AND REGULATION$_MAJOR CONTENTS
- New Technologies
- Regulatory Changes
- * The contents of New Technologies and Regulations are updated monthly with Technology
Fact Sheets and Regulation Updates through the monthly Trainer News.
CHAPTER 4: HAZARD RECOGNITION-MAJOR CONTENTS
- Chemical Properties
- Systems and Symbols
- Fire Triangle: Fuel, Oxygen, and Heat
- Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDSs)
- Explosive Limits
- Shipping Papers
- Health Effects
- Limitations of Documentation
- Measurements of Concentration
- Placards and Labels Exercise
- Exposure Limits
- Last- Y ear-in-Review Exercise
- Physical and Safety Hazards
CHAPTER 5: LEGAL RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES-MAJOR CONTENTS
- HAZWOPER-Haz Waste Operations and Emergency Response
- Sexual Harassment Exercise
CHAPTER 6: REVIEW TOPICS-MAJOR CONTENTS
- Types of Hazard Control
- Safety and Health Program
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Confined-Space entry Procedures
- Lock-Out / Tag-Out Procedures
- Fire Prevention
- Drums and Drum Handling Procedures
- Other Work Practice Considerations
- Types of Air Sampling
- Sampling Instruments
- Decontamination Procedures
- Decontamination Line
- Decontamination Card Sorting Exercise
- Emergency Response Plan
- Incident Command System